I've been on a weird Indie music kick lately and I'm SO not complaining. I've been so mellow and gearing up to really get back into writing (real, pen'n'ink writing!). I've got this half-formulated story floating in my brain lately and I am DYING to get it on paper but it's dragging feet all over my brain. I've been running off into my writing lately, half-cocked and not able to get anything out and that's frustrating. I want it to be good because I have this character concept on the tip of my tongue which I'm just completely in love with and I just can't make her real. I have, like, twelve different story lines shooting through my mind, all ending up being a little to close to home for me to comfortably call it fiction. But it's gotten to the point where sometimes I honestly can't think about anything else, BUT wanting to write this character's story. I'm almost melancholy anymore. It's a peaceful sort of melancholy, I suppose, but it won't translate to paper like I need it to. I want my writing to
feel like a City and Colour song and I'm so pissed that I can't make it happen!!!! And the only thing that keeps me from obsessing over this story and falling into the insomnia that I've dealt with for years is going to sleep cuddling with Boyfriend. Maybe I never liked to sleep because I didn't like to wake up alone? I dunno. But tomorrow is a beautiful and busy day, so I guess I should go get my cuddle on!
"
I awoke, only to find my lungs empty
Through the night, so it seems I'm not breathing
And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be
And I'm breaking down
I think I'm breaking down
And I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me
Such as living with the uncertainties
That I'll never find the words to say
Which would completely explain
Just how I'm breaking down
Someone come, Someone come and save my life
Maybe I'll sleep when I am dead
But now its like the night is taking up sides
With all the worries that occupy the back of my mind
Could it be that this misery will suffice?"-City and Colour
No comments:
Post a Comment